The Tropical Skies Pack Reborn
Hello there! Welcome to the official website for the Tropical Skies Pack: Reborn! I welcome you to look around if you'd like and only sign up if you've gotten my permission to do so.

~Artemis

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello there! Welcome to the official website for the Tropical Skies Pack: Reborn! I welcome you to look around if you'd like and only sign up if you've gotten my permission to do so.

~Artemis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Gathering Area
Final Frontier EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 3:20 am by Laurence

» Official Joining Thread
Final Frontier EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:24 pm by Breeze

» Nicknames!
Final Frontier EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:03 pm by Breeze

» If our wolves were human
Final Frontier EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:28 pm by Ava

» General Discussion
Final Frontier EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 10:30 am by Breeze

................Artemis
Artemis is the Deity and the founder of the Tropical Skies Pack Reborn.
Final Frontier 35jyy4x
.................Radar
Radar is the Ocean Clan male Athorn of the Tropical Skies Pack Reborn.
Final Frontier Acef5c ................Breeze
Breeze is the Ocean Clan female Athorn of the Tropical Skies Pack Reborn.
Final Frontier A5et4w
Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Final Frontier

+3
Radar
Breeze
Fire
7 posters

Go down

How do you like Final Frontier?

Final Frontier I_vote_lcap57%Final Frontier I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
Final Frontier I_vote_lcap29%Final Frontier I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Final Frontier I_vote_lcap0%Final Frontier I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Final Frontier I_vote_lcap14%Final Frontier I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Final Frontier Empty Final Frontier

Post by Fire Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi people, it's Fire here, and I've been working on a book as well (I am not trying to steal Breeze's spotlight. You should check out her book too!). It's called Final Frontier, and it is about humans (although wolves are tied into it...you'll see). It has a slight nature/conservation theme. Without further ado, enjoy and please give me any opinions/suggestions!

Prolouge

A woman handed the young girl with short, chin-length reddish brown hair a purple pendant with a modest chain necklace. The woman wore a weary smile, as if she had too much knowledge contained inside, knew too much. The pendant was a smooth, soft, light violet with a wolf engraving that wasn't recessive in the least. The wolf pictured stood on all fours with a regal posture, its nose pointed upwards. The woman, clearly the girl's mother, pressed it into her daughter's outstretched palm. "Protect this, keep this," she whispered cryptically. "It starts now. Never let this go. Don't forget me, ever. I'm sorry..." The small girl had asked, "Why? What is this? Where are you going now, mom?" The questions came tumbling from her mouth faster than she could think. Alas, it was too late. There was a vortex of blinding, swirling colors, and then both had gone their seperate ways.

Chapter 1

I awake in a cold sweat, and it takes several moments to figure out where I am. After groping for my wolf pendant, my hand triumphantly closes around it and I head outside, heedfully and carefully as to not disturb my roomates. Sucking in the crisp oxygen instead of the congested air of inside, I open my palm and bask in the pendant's soft glow. Squeezing my amber eyes shut, I urge myself to get ahead of my past and be reminded of the present. You know how the saying goes. Yet it doesn't work, not this time. As if to distract me, crude excitement seizes me with without warning as I gaze at the looming, intriguing forest. My stomach lurches. I nearly forget about my dream as I contemplate what's ahead. Tomorrow I will enter the woods--the Final Frontier. Tomorrow my wolf pendant will be put to its proper use. And I might not emerge alive.

Basically, I live in the society known as the Final Frontier. This forest is the only pristine one we have left. The rest have been destroyed since 2030. The Industrial Society, as we call it, is to blame for such devastation. We have an advantage, however. At a young age, we each choose a Soul, which is the spirit of nature we'll represent. We are given pendant necklaces to represent our Souls, and they are what makes changing forms possible, but we cannot wear them in public. I personally decided on a wolf. I feel some odd familiarity and connection with the species. Just seeing one makes my shudder with something akin to hope and longing. Many others choose different animals, or even an element, like water. Apparently, "when we're ready", we can finally shapeshift into our Souls. I am 14--more than ready. Before then we sit in the dark and recieve our educations. Nothing about our abilities or the War is revealed to us. As children, we aren't even considered full citizens, or Conservationalists (Cons for short), yet. Not until we transform into our Souls and pass the test. In the test, you must cross the border and heal a part of industrial habitat. As one would imagine, Industrialists despise this. While healing renews the resources, the land becomes immune to harmful human use afterwards. If the Industs find you, you'd be lucky to survive. If they don't slaughter you on the spot, they'll surely take you prisoners. Or so the rumours say.

I sigh and don't even try to run off as a strip of colorful light slinks towards me--Skylar in her Aurora Borealis Soul. The form shimmers and dissapates to reveal a young woman with a set jaw that demands obedience. She doesn't say anthing intially, but speaks with her eyes: "you should be asleep." After a few moments of rebellious silence, Skylar sighs and her face softens. Skylar can never remain angry at me for long, and the same can't be said for many of the other kids. She has become a mother to me. No, don't think about your real mom. If she wanted me, she wouldn't have abandoned me, I think. Skylar doesn't narrow her eyes in scrutiny as she usually does when I'm in a daze of thoughts. Tomorrow's test is like a protective cloak, hiding my true musings beneath it. Skylar places a hand on my shoulder. "You have nothing to worry about tomorrow," she says. "You're a strong girl, Lilly. You'll be fine...just fine." It occurs to me that my caretaker may be trying to reassure herself more than me. "Thanks, Skylar." I leave before she can even reply. Please don't worry about me. It hurts me more.

I'm currently working on chapter two--almost finished!
Fire
Fire

Scales : 89

Character sheet
Name: Fire
Mate: Nope
Location in RP: Shadow Clan Den

Back to top Go down

Final Frontier Empty Re: Final Frontier

Post by Breeze Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Jaw dropping! I'm ready to read more! I never could have thought of that.... Soul pendants and last forests.
Breeze
Breeze
Athorn
Athorn

Scales : 424

Character sheet
Name: Breeze
Mate: Radar
Location in RP: Ocean Clan Den

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Wow, great book Fire! Excited to see more~
Radar
Radar

Scales : 199

http://thehungerwolves.forumotion.pro/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Theres only one word for this book... Epic. Its purely epic and I can't wait till the next chapter Fire!
Dawn
Dawn

Scales : 104

Character sheet
Name: Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurence Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:02 pm

It was too amazing for me to read the rest XD
Laurence
Laurence

Scales : 256

Character sheet
Name: Sir William Laurence
Mate: None

http://distant-bloods-pack.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:29 pm

Thanks for the encouraging comments!! I'm glad that Final Frontier is getting so much love. I haven't gotten a chance to work much on chapter 2 today, but it will probably done by later today or (more likely) tomorrow.
Fire
Fire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Nice story Fire!
Artemis
Artemis
Deity
Deity

Scales : 579

Character sheet
Name: Artemis
Mate: No one

https://tspreborn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Okay--here's chapter two. Sorry it took embarressingly long to do it, I was away for a few days. Honestly, I'm surprised I've gotten this far with the book. Usually I lose interest. And thank you for all of your support! Also, I'm changing Lilly's (the main character, if you don't already know) name to Sierra.

Chapter Two

I can't fall asleep. Constantly shifting, I must be irritating my roommates, but none of them have the heart to reprimand me--they have their tests tomorrow too. Maybe they cannot sleep either. Still, there's more to it than just the test. I'm developing a want, a need, a yearning to discover my true heritage. But that'll happen when trees fly, because the Society of the Final Frontier is exceptionally secretive. I'm sure they have good intentions in mind, though. I'm pretty sure, anyway.

The remainder of the night follows a distinct pattern. My mind juggles several topics: my family, the truth of the Final Frontier, and the test. At times I enjoy losing myself in my own thoughts. This is too much. It gives me a headache. Thankfully, my thoughts begin to grow stale, and sleep rushes in to replace my fatigue.

I wake to an extreme, chilling silence. My roommates glance at me with vacant eyes. After a few moments, I remember. The test. Instead of eating breakfast, I head outside again. The thought of eating a meal today conjures a horrifying image for my already nervously churning stomach. Nobody else is heading to the dining room either. Flipping out my pendant, I stare at the engraving. "Don't abandon me, wolf. You must not fail me," I whisper, near tears. People appear to enjoy courageous, dauntless characters in books, but in reality, everyone is suceptible to fear. Everyone. Fear is something nobody can escape. It's possible to ignore it, but you can't exterminate it. As you would imagine, ignoring fear is not talent of mine. Occasionally, I escape cowardice by briefly forgetting about my fear in the heat of a moment. This isn't one of those moments.

A musical, horn-like sound is carried on the breeze and into my ears. Already? The noise is supposed to signify a groundbreaking event; a new phase in life. But to me it just sounds like a death sentence. I guess the Final Frontier isn't trying to lead us to slaughter, but my overactive imagination states otherwise. Why so early, though? We aren't supposed to take the test until noon, yet they're blowing the horn at 8 in the morning. Shaking my head, I vigorously remind myself that it's probably nothing, just a mere mistake. A small voice in my mind doesn't hesitate to counter the attempted reassurement. "Nothing" could quickly turn into something. I don't have a clue as to what that something will be. Watching my roommates line up, I pick up my pace to join them, but still failing to repel my fear and uncertainty. A task that not long ago was my greatest ambition has become a producer of sheer dread. Once I take my position in line, I keep my head slightly bowed and stare intently at the ground. I'm not in the mood for socialization right now, even with the knowledge that it just might prove to be a comfort. The test administator smiles at each of us, and tries to catch my eye. He must've gone through the test in his childhood years as well. Declining the display of empathy, I turn away, going deeper into isolation. One of my roommates and loyal friends, Quartz, nudges me with her elbow. Amber eyes meet sea blue ones, and there's a contest. The amber wishes to remain passive, and the blue side demands preparation and so-called fearlessness. An unspoken conversaton is shared, and eventually I'm the one to give in. Sucking in a shaky breath, I lift my gaze in time to witness Quartz's grin of quiet triumph. The test admin nods at me, and the horn's music weaves through the wind again. It's time.
Fire
Fire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:16 pm

The suspense is getting stronger!
Artemis
Artemis
Deity
Deity

Scales : 579

Character sheet
Name: Artemis
Mate: No one

https://tspreborn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubren Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Read the whole thing and this looks awesome, great job Fire! Excited to see what more happens ^.^
Aubren
Aubren

Scales : 51

http://shinsei-pack.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Thank you and yes, chapter 3 is when the action really begins!
Fire
Fire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Yeah, uh...please lock this; I've lost interest in this story and I'm currently working on something else. Something better XD.
Fire
Fire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Locking due to author's request.~

>>Locked<<